Saturday, April 16, 2011

A pinky post

Went window shopping one day in the city when I came across this store that sells watches. I’m not a big fan of watches and all, but what really caught to my attention was this PINK range of watches. They’re so damn pretty la.. So this was prolly 2 weeks ago.

Been thinking about it every now and then and regretting not asking for the prices, so I decided to pop by the store again and ask this time. The salesperson then proceeded asking me which watch I was interested in. Fear of telling him “oh you know that WHOLE PINK range out there”, I picked my favourite three.

P1180060
Coincidentally, my favourite watch happens to be the cheapest one (out of that three). The salesperson - asian, further spoke in a low tone voice “I can give you 20% off that price”. That would make it $156 after discount. Great, now I’m even more tempted to get it because of that.

I know $156 is still quite costly - for a watch, given when I’m not even a watch person, and I never really buy branded expensive stuff because I don’t see the point. But I didn’t like it because it’s branded. It’s PINK, and that’s how it caught to my attention to start with. And I’ve looked around for a bit; can’t find any other brands that sells PINK watches.

It’s not that I can’t afford it myself, but this is obviously a want, not a need. So I’m having trouble thinking if I’ll not like it (as much) anymore after I buy it. And because it’s costly, I don’t want to buy it and dump it in one corner after that.

Should I buy? Maybe as a 21st birthday cum early graduation gift to myself? Watches can keep for life right? That would make it a memorable gift for life.

----------

Been hearing from lotsa sources that Harbour Town has been having great sales. Finally succumbed to going with Wendy after so long of resistance. Maybe because I’ve been eyeing on a couple of rather expensive things recently, I didn’t really buy anything even though there’s so much sale going on.

Tried on a couple of things though..

P1180070

A very low cut black elegant maxi dress from Forever New.

P1180073

I really liked this dress for some reason, it’s just so pretty, but this was size 6 and the last piece, and it’s tight as hell. The material’s stretched to the max, and worst of all, I was barely breathing.

P1180083

I also kinda really liked this dress from Chic-a-booti. The PINK’s not too bright, but it’s a love-hate relationship when it comes to the bottom part. It’s a unique dress with these daggling patterns pieces off the overall length, but I couldn’t decide how long my love for it will last.

----------

Back in February right after I came back from Singapore, I made a trip to Harbour Town and fell in love with the Kate Hill stam bags. I’ve always been wanting a PINK bag but was never able to find one that looks nice enough. But I kinda like the beige-white too, though the chance of staining it is just so great.

P1180075P1180076 
I was so tempted to get it at that point, but after seeing the price, I thought I’ll wait for the price to decrease in a couple more months before buying.

So 2 months on I went into the shop to find that the price has not dropped a single cent!! Disappointed smile WHY?!?!

Should I spend my 1.5 weeks pay on it? Now that I’ve said it, $70 really isn’t a lot. But for a bag? Really?

Someone pretty please buy it for me for my 21st. The watch and bag shall go into my wish list for now. Sigh..

----------

Okay 3 reasonably long-ish blog posts typed in 3 hours compensated for the lack of updates recently.

Week 7 of Uni just ended. I’m so close to the finishing line now I feel like pausing the quickness of how everything is coming to an end. Before the end there’s still so much to be done. At the end I don’t know what else would start. I hate how everything is so unpredictable at the moment.. I don't know smile

0 voices: