Saturday, January 16, 2010

I have to say, I'm impressed.

I stumbled across this group formed on Facebook called "When I Was Your Age, There Were Only 151 Pokemon" one day...

What I found interesting was the description; fascinated by just one though, cause I pretty much know half of them already, and the other few were a little unknown, but not that I care enough about... Anyways, this is what it wrote:

-The "starter" Pokemon were Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle

-The cities were all named after colours

-Team Rocket were the only arch enemies of Ash Ketchem

-Cinnabar Island before it erupted

-The Safari Zone was still open

-Misty and Brock were Ash's only friends

-Nidoran being the only Pokemon to have genders (hermaphrodites!?)

-There were only three legendary birds


Well I guess it's been some time since I last played Pokemon cards/games, and I wasn't really a hardcore fan of it, but still, I remember the days I used to spend so many hours on it, constantly recharging my batteries and forsaking that hours of sleep like how I can do for drama series nowadays...

Anyways, back to what I was saying, that one description that really caught my eye was the one about the cities being named after colours... I never realised that one before, and doing a little bit of research, I found this:

Pallet Town: Named after the pallette used by painters/the pallette of different colors (obviously used to kickoff to the series of colors!)
Viridian City: Means a deep emerald-hue
Pewter City: A greyish color
Cerulean City: Light Blue
Vermillion City: A bright red-hue
Celadon City: Yellow-green
Fuschia City: Pink
Saffron City: Golden yellow
Cinnabar Island: Brownish red
Lavender Town: Purple


I'm hyped! How did this ever happen???

Then I did a little bit more of research, and I found these two other interesting ones...

-the professors are named after plants/trees: Prof. Oak,Ivy,Elm,Birch,Rowan etc...


-Bill, the inventor of the PC storage system, is named after Bill Gates from Microsoft (of course!)


=)

0 voices: