Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Letter writing

Remember back in the old Primary School days, where we were taught to write letters?

It's always the same.

Write a letter to your pen-pal.

Write a letter to whom it may concern regarding some complaints.

Write a letter to Santa telling him what you want for Christmas this year.

I think I always, without fail, pick the first one. You just bullcrap about oh you're so far away from me, I don't get to see you often. Weather in Singapore is terrible, I hope over in XXX is much better. I hope you're doing well with studies, and I hope to see you soon in Singapore. Then you try advertise for Singapore, like hey we can go here and do this and that when you're here! How awesome is it? Then yea, hope to hear from you soon. From XXX.

But then, what do you really get from writing these letters? Of course when you were writing it, it would be some form of fiction writing. Surely you didn't really expect Santa to read what you wrote, and give you what you had wished for right?

Put letter writing aside, say if you went up to your parents and ask for something, a want, what's the chance of them saying I'LL GET IT FOR YOU TOMORROW?

Often in life, you don't get what you wished for, and especially in letter writing in schools, even if your piece was so great it got stuck on the wall for all to see, as if someone's gonna come to you and say I'LL GET IT FOR YOU TOMORROW:)

But see, in life there are miracles. It always just happens to that one lucky person, when no one else gets it. Even though you didn't wish for something big like striking lottery, but for a 11 year old girl, getting a free Nintendo DS sent to school especially for her is just like striking lottery, isn't it?

Read more here.

0 voices: