Sunday, May 9, 2010

What really annoys me when selling stuff online

Anyone who has been to my house before, would know that my house could be the Next-in-trend convenience store. It has just about everything that you need really. Because I buy in bulk.

And as you may know, I tend to buy things on impulse. So I end up with many things at home that I never really use. I even have so much new clothes that I tried giving Katrina and Debra some, and after they took quite a bit away, I've got still bags of it==

So then, I thought of selling away whatever I can online. I have sold off a couple of things away already (thank god!), but there's still quite a bit remaining. And as much as I love selling things online, it annoys me sometimes when people give ridiculously low prices for items that are worth much more than that. I understand the way how bargaining works, and I gotta admit when I buy stuff online, I would try bargain too. It's just that recently, one week ago, there's this person who's been emailing me about buying all of my stuff, yes, ALL OF IT, which I guess, this is the best of the best I could ever ask for. Being able to get rid of all my stuff, no more worries, and I can buy more when I'm back in Singapore:)

But the problem is, she is only offering $120. And honestly, $120 is low for what I've got, given I've got 2 pairs of Levi's jeans and Addidas bag and many more other stuff that could possibly fill up 2-3 average boxes (excluding my multimillion bags of clothes). After giving much thought about it, I still decided to sell them, since chances are I may not be able to sell much away, and it's better to get rid of them now than regret after, since chances are I will never use them in the near future. I did however, state that the 2 pairs of Levi's jeans would not be included, and she agreed with it. So on 3rd May, we made a deal on the 18 ads of mine (well 17 actually cause I told her the jeans weren't included, but she still always calls it the "18 ads") that were posted up.

For some reason, we never really communicated again since the deal was made, and halfway through the week I decided to email her again, asking if she was still interested in the deal. And she replied me: "r u serious or just kidding." I was puzzled for a moment, I thought we had a deal. So why on earth did she sound like she has never heard of the news before?

And then this is the part where it starts to get annoying. I asked her what she meant in her email, and she responded: "i dont know but you know it very well.i think you r wasting your time and mine also otherwise you come to directly on the point." Honestly, I was offended. *blood boil*

I mean, come on, she sounded like she was some smart ass who just cracked a case, and has exposed my plan of scamming her or something. Seriously, WTF is her problem? Pardon my language, but hey, try understand where I'm coming from.

So anyways, we kept emailing each other back, until today was the day. The day it has reached the peak. And I full blasted at her, when she said this:

"i think my guess is right you are just kidding because you are not standing with your words you had agreed on $120 for items from 1 to 18 ads but now you are backing from your committment.

thanks for your reply."


Ok, she doesn't sound that rude here, but I was pissed off, because I was maligned. And I do not like being maligned. Who does?

So I wrote her an email, at 3am in the morning, because I do not like the feeling of going to bed having to carry some sort of sentence when I don't deserve it.

***Be forewarned of my very long email (typical Celia style).

NOTE: "You" refers to her.

Here goes:
Hi.

Just to clarify things up.

You first sent me the email on 1st May:
"i am offering $110 for alltogether your posted 18 nos. advertisements if acceptable send address details for pick up.
thanks"


I then told you no, since it's too low, and you replied:
"ok i can pay you maximum $120.00."

Then I told you no again, since it's worth much more than that. But I emailed you again after giving a serious thought about it on 2nd May:
"Hi there.

I've thought about it. How about this? $120, but I can't give you the Levis' jeans. You didn't exactly want it anyways, did you?

Regards, Celia"


On 3rd May, you replied:
"yes i am able to take each and everything in dollars 120 as per 1 to 18 ads. if its ok then send address details and suitable any time for saturday or sunday.

regards
sharma"

"i am available after 2.30pm and i am not able to attend call or reply mail before 2.30 because my shift is 6.00am to 2.00 pm and my cell no. is **********.
thanks"

So here's the deal, we made an agreement, on 3rd May, 18 ads of mine up to that date, for $120.

Yesterday, 8th May, you sent me an email saying:
"i have seen your all ads now they are 21 but our deal is for 18 ads item which does not include denim skirts,clearance items and addidas bag i think this is suitable to you in $120 which was our actual deal.

thanks"


And I replied:
"Hi.

Um, no it's not right. I only posted some bags up yesterday, so they shouldn't be included. And it was the Levi's jeans that were not included, not the denim skirts.

Regards."

Which then you replied to:
"i think my guess is right you are just kidding because you are not standing with your words you had agreed on $120 for items from 1 to 18 ads but now you are backing from your committment.

thanks for your reply."


So before you start maligning me about something I did not do, please reflect on what I had told you. I stated clearly, I'll take the deal, but the Levi's jeans would not be included (see 2nd May). You took up the deal after I said it. If you did not read my email clearly, then this is not my fault. And if you think that I've manipulated the emails, then please check your message history. Otherwise, I can send them all back to you for reading.

Also, our agreement was made on the 18 ads that you saw that I posted up to that date. Additional ads that I add after would therefore not be included in the deal at all. The 3 additional ads that I've uploaded on the web, were a couple of bags (black, blue and brown) and a thumbdrive. It was not like what you said, denim skirts; clearance items and addidas bag. You can't just pick out 3 things that you don't want from the 18 ads you wanted before, and add in 3 of my new ads like that. It was never in the deal, and therefore I have not violated the agreement at all.

Please do not say stuff like I'm not standing by my words because in actual fact, you are the one who is not. You are the one who agreed on the deal despite I stated clearly that the Levi's jeans would not be included; and it was the 18 ads that I had, not pick any 18 ads of mine. I have not backed out from the commitment, and if you are still interested, feel free to come and get it. But please do get the facts right before pointing your finger at someone else.

Lastly, please do not judge a person when you don't even get your facts right to start with. I was never kidding about the deal, as I have explained to you why I am selling my stuff. I have got too many new stuff that I never use, and selling them off to earn some money when I haven't got a job is not something unethical. The only reason that made you think I'm kidding is because my stuff are definitely worth much more than the low $120 that you're willing to offer. And the only reason I am taking up this offer is because you're the only one who has offered that. If there was ever a higher offer, what makes you think that you would get the deal from me?

Do not judge me and think that I'm some sort of scammer by the low amount of money you're paying for. Of course it sounds too good to be true for a deal like that, but I have asked for a higher price, you just wouldn't budge. Instead of keeping the stuff not knowing if I'll ever be able to sell them off, I decided to take up your offer despite the low price. I did not steal pictures of everyone else's stuff and pretend to sell them when I haven't got the stuff. I'm a Uni student who has lots of stuff to do and studies to catch up with. Even if I was ever so free, there's so much other stuff I could possibly do than try scam people like that. I have a legitimate address which you can google it all you want. And it's not like you're going to some foreign place and never coming back. It's not something like you step into my house and you will never leave the house again. I'm not some psycho person like you think I am, and feel free to stand outside the house whilst I get the stuff. Honestly, I probably wouldn't feel secure having you step into my house anyway.

And if you think it's too good to be true to get such a great bargain, then you should not have set your offer to such a low price to start with. By offering a low price and expect to get all the items on my ads, and yet when I finally agreed to it, you start to question me about it. So what in the world do you actually want? A moment you want everything and want it cheap. Then when you actually got it, you question others for why it's so cheap and ask if they are kidding with you. If you think I'm a time-waster, you're wrong. Because you are the culprit. You are the one who wastes others' time by giving them a hard time with your low offer, then waste more of their time trying to explain why they gave in to your offer, finally they even have to deal with all your criticisms and countless attempts to get a better bargain (which is even better than too good to be true).

As mentioned above, I stated all of these to clarify things up. I actually bother replying you with such a long reply at 3am in the morning is because I do not like the feeling of being maligned. How would you feel if you got blamed for something you didn't do? Or when it was not your fault? Please think twice about what you say to others, especially after you get the facts right.

Regards, Celia

Ok, now that I've cooled down, reading this email again makes me think that some of my words may seemed harsh. No wonder everytime when you're in a heated argument with someone, you tend to say stuff that may hurt the other party without you realising it at all. Oh well, the email's sent. I'm not gonna apologise to her, unless she does that first. I doubt she would reply anyways.

But hey, never mess with Celia right? Now you know why.

0 voices: