Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My longest day at work...


This morning around 9am, someone called, and since I'm such a sleepy pig, of course I would never hear it loud enough to pick up... Reluctantly, I picked up the call, and the first words were "Can I speak to Celia please?" Still in a sleepy mode, I said "Yes, I am", then suddenly found the voice very familiar... As he spoke on saying "I'm Lim Siong", my eyes grew wide open and said "Yes?"... Gee, you have no idea how scary it is, with him calling 'so early' in the morning, and especially when I know I am supposed to work in the arvo shift-.- Anyways, so it was all about some person taking sudden MC, so he was wondering if I could stand in the morning shift... I guess it was hard to reject though I slept pretty late, and would rather sleep in more than working!!! Got to work around 10.45am, then started working, I guess???

Good thing about working morning today meant that I got to go out to lunch with Uncle Steven and others again=) This time it was with Kenneth and Bee Cheng, and we went to the Block 200+ again cause Michael Lai wanted yesterday's Lor Mee again:P Anyways, it was bad luck for him cause the stall wasn't open, and so we ordered other stuff to eat...



I ordered Duck Noodles, and the food at the back belongs to Uncle Steven... Can't remember what it was called, just some fish thingy that tasted fresh and nice....

*I told the stall owner I wanted a little bit more soup, so they changed the super small bowl to a super big bowl-.-


This was Kenneth's lunch, can't remember what it was called too, but I remember I used to love eating this pot thingy when I was younger:P

During lunch, we sorta got into a discussion of having a farewell party sorta thing, maybe eating at Westmall or so, but as we discussed more, Kenneth sorta volunteered to cook for everyone, despite me constantly saying 'I can't COOK!!!'... With a great idea in mind, we sorta even decided to make coupons (Kenneth is so used to making and cutting coupons:P), me doing surveys of what they would like to eat (Yea, it's MY job!!! I'm always a surveyor:P), and maybe Lucy Draw at the end of the party??? MUAHAHAHAHA:P Then it was work time again!!! Since May is going on leave for almost a week or so to Taiwan, she got me to do this thing that's about copying and pasting Committee members details such as name, address, contact numbers/email address, and a big column for signature for prolly 17 groups of people... It didn't seem that difficult before, afterall it's just copying and pasting... But when you come to do it, especially when there's groups of large number of people in the group, also given that I was sitting at the counter, whereby it's the Number 1 place for top distractions with phone calls, enquiries, 'ding dong ding dong' with cars coming in, and people asking you to do this and that, it's just so hard to concentrate... So then luckily I got Kenneth to help me a bit, since I'm stuck with the counter seat for sure, while he's not... He helped me with a few Committee groups, and I tried my best in completing it... It was 6pm, when we still had prolly 7 groups left at least, and this is so impossible to do it... So it was overtime for both of us, and Kenneth helped me til about 7+ when he had to go home for dinner... So I was left with quite a bit left, and May was saying to just leave it, she will try to do it tomorrow morning before she leaves for vacation... But it seems like she has given me the task, and I obviously hadn't finished it, and although I seeked help, but still require her to come back to do it is a bit not too nice... Also, there's certain things where I start off, but won't prefer to give up halfway, maybe I might choose to do a new one, but when it's somewhat related to my interest, I would prefer to finish it off, especially knowing that we've spent so much effort and time on it, and got it halfway though, and just cause it's time to knock off, so we should throw it aside... So in the end, I stayed til 9+ lo, and although Mr Lim Siong was like 'Go home, go home', while Uncle King John goes 'She never eat dinner', and kept stuffing me with food:P

-After a Long Day at Work-

0 voices: