Friday, December 26, 2008

My Christmas Day:P


Merry Chrissy Everyone=)

My family has the type of 'tradition' where we NEVER celebrate any occasions/festivals/events... Including birthdays, so I never actually celebrated my birthday with my family at all... Birthdays are just like any other normal days, where we go to school as per usual, and come home to study as usual... I remember back in Primary School, I never looked forward to my birthday, well technically everyone never did too... Cause my birthday coincidentally falls on the period of the opening of exams, whereby the Oral exams will start first... Worse still, since Singapore has this weird arrangement of putting names that goes like this: First name--->Last name--->Middle name(often chinese name), many Singaporeans have mistaken that their chinese name is their last name-.- Anyways, because of not arranging students according to their actual last names, from Primary to Secondary School, my index number never got bigger than 4-.- And this also means that when exams are here, I'm always the first few to be tested, what a GUINEA PIG??? Oh, actually I'll take back what I've said, my family do celebrate one occasion--->Chinese New Year=) Not fully celebrating it, but at least we do some stuff that is relevant to CNY, so it's still normal:P

Therefore, Christmas this year wasn't gonna be any special, just that I so happened to have company for 2007's Christmas with *him*, who so happened had to hold my hand for the first time the whole way through just cause we were at Orchard on this festival which is known to be filled with people, so it was also said that girls are often at disadvantage:P Anyways, this year, had no date, so I decided to go somewhere to shop... Couldn't decide anywhere, so ended up in Chinatown... Yea, I don't even know why I ended up there, but oh well...


Stupid EZ-Link card died on me last minute, so had to use a Standard Ticket, which was way more expensive to travel-.-


Decorations being put up for CNY when Christmas just started?!?!?!


My brother brought back these agar-agar... Typical him to buy these random stuff...

Last but not least, to end this post with something interesting I had discovered while on the train=) It's Christmas Day, and I guess Transitlink/SMRT had decided to use special trains to reward us for this awesome season=) Red light represents that's the stop it's on or going to, green light represents stop(s) the train has yet undertaken on its course, and the unlighted ones will either be stop(s) that has already passed, or will not be undertaken on its course of journey... But since I only took this picture when I was at Jurong East, so only one light, and that is the red light that was on... Maybe Perth should follow suit too, awesome creation=)




By the way, this was what it was before(or is still on most trains now), plain and simple:P

0 voices: