Tuesday, December 30, 2008

1st day at work=)


Today I was so gonna be late-.- First Day of work, yet I woke up late... So was really scared actually, cause the person actually rang and said that this CC is particularly sensitive about being punctual and all crap like this... So I was really scared, cause I haven't fully figured out the way to get there... But anyways, got on the train, and luckily reached there just in time=) So then I was introduced to many people, where I can't remember faces and names... Worse still, all the guys seemed to be wearing blue tops... It just made it much worse for me to match faces to their clothings for the first day... So it was totally confusing for me... I was also being brought around by some people to have a look at what and how this CC functions... Indeed, after I know that the Counter work, which is my job, includes much multi-tasking, which I've gotta say, I'm sorta strong at it... But afterall, this is still my first job, so it does gets a bit tough... Being a bit anti-social for the first day was me, cause I haven't got a clue where everything was, and everyone seemed so distant to me... So that day was mostly printing letters, folding them and putting them into envelopes, then get it stamped for it to be sent out...



It wasn't exactly a difficult job to do, just that there's way too many things to learn in a short period of time, and picking up calls was one great challenge for me today... I can never remember what I have to say, and it's really long to say, by then I think people would have fallen asleep after I have to say: "Good morning/afternoon/evening, Bukit Batok CC, this is Celia speaking, may I help you?" It sorta became a tongue twister type of thing for me after several attempts of trying to speak fast but clearly...

The dinner tonight ---> Uncle Steven and Bee Cheng dragged me out of the workpile to eat:P We went to a faraway coffeeshop, cause they said they were sick of eating near-by food, so yea... I ate the recommended duck rice, it was $3.50, sorta expensive for a coffeeshop, but there were quite abit of duck there, so I guess it wasn't too bad... We ate as we talked, although most of the time, it seems like Uncle Steven and Bee Cheng were talking about the people at the workplace, not that I know who they are talking about exactly (not when I can't fit names to faces!!!)... It's not exactly badmouthing people, but they were probably talking about the attitude of certain people at work...

~After Work~






Saw this top at the Pasar Malam, was gonna buy it, but after hesitating for sometime, decided not to...:P

0 voices: